You can mask your IP address on your smartphone and computer to preserve your online security and privacy. When you go online, your IP address is available to everyone, and anybody may use it to track you down online and even hack your device. Fortunately, there are several methods for concealing your IP address and obtaining a bogus IP address for security purposes.
According to howtowatchchannel, A VPN is the best option to mask your IP address on a PC or smartphone. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a technology that conceals your IP address and provides you a new IP address from another place. It is accomplished by redirecting your traffic to a different server location. If you connect to a server in the United Kingdom, for example, you will be assigned a British IP address.
There are several VPNs available on the market that may be used to conceal your IP address. There are other free services that you may use to conceal your true IP address without spending a dime. If you use an Android device, you can mask your IP address in minutes by using a free fast VPN for Android. The same is true for PC and iPhone users.
How to Hide your IP address on Android with a VPN
To use a VPN to disguise your IP address on an Android smartphone, follow these steps:
- 1. Select a VPN and sign up for it.
- 2. Navigate to the Google Play Store and install the VPN software on your smartphone.
- 3. Open the VPN software and log in.
- 4. Join any server of your choosing.
- 5. Visit Google and look for your IP address.
How to Hide your IP address on iPhone with a VPN
To use a VPN to disguise your IP address on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- 1. Select a VPN service and sign up for it.
- 2. Install the VPN app from the App Store on your iPhone.
- 3. Once downloaded, use the app and login in with your credentials.
- 4. Select the server location you wish to connect to, such as the United States or Canada.
- 5. Check your IP address at ipleak.net.
How to hide your IP address on a PC with a VPN
Here’s how you can hide your IP address on a Windows PC using a VPN:
- Go to Google and check your current IP address by typing “what’s my IP?”
- Choose a VPN and sign up for it.
- Download the VPN app on your PC. You can get the app from the VPN provider’s official website.
- Install the VPN app on your PC.
- Once the app is installed, open it and sign into your account.
- Select a server you want to connect to. You can choose any location you want.
- Click the connect button.
You will be issued a new IP address after the connection is established. You can also validate by visiting to Google and typing “what’s my IP?” and it will now be changed, as indicated in step one.
Other Ways to Hide your IP address
Even while utilising a VPN is the most efficient approach to mask your IP address, there are other options.
Hide your IP address with a proxy
A proxy server is another option to mask your IP address on a PC or smartphone. A proxy serves as a go-between for you and the websites you access on the internet. Using a proxy, you may visit the site using its IP address, which hides your true IP address.
Instead of transmitting direct traffic, your internet connection is routed through the proxy server to the website you are attempting to access. This procedure alters your IP address.
In a nutshell, a proxy hides your real IP address and replaces it with a new one. However, bear in mind that while a proxy server might hide your IP address, it does not provide the same level of protection as a VPN.
A proxy server, unlike a VPN, does not encrypt your internet traffic, so your internet service provider (ISP) and other parties may track you and view your whole online activity, which is risky.
Use Tor to hide your IP address on PC and Smartphones
Tor is another option to mask your IP address on cellphones and PCs. Tor is a free browser that reroutes and wraps your internet traffic, breaking it down into encrypted packets that are sent across numerous nodes.
Each network component removes a layer of encryption one at a time to expose the next destination of the data packet. Once the data has arrived at its destination, the final layer of encryption is removed. With encryption at every level, your internet traffic leaves no trace on the Tor network, offering you online anonymity.
Tor browser is used for safe communication by privacy specialists and journalists because to its high degree data encryption. Tor is a terrific technique to disguise your IP address online, but its speeds are fairly poor, thus it cannot be used for data-intensive operations such as gaming, streaming, torrenting, and so on.