CA Intermediate course is the second level of the CA Course. The CA Inter Course is also the pathway to enter the CA Course for the direct entry route students. However, the candidate is only eligible for the final CA course if he or she has successfully completed the CA Foundation exam, with a total of 50%.
Moreover, the CA Course duration for the direct entry route students is 4.5 years. The CA Intermediate Syllabus consists of 8 subjects, further divided into two groups.
Furthermore, CA Wizard Team has come up with all the essential details related to the CA Intermediate course, like syllabus, course fee, How to register, and Eligibility Criteria.
CA Intermediate Course – Overview
Firstly, before knowing anything about the course, check the table below for CA Intermediate imp details:
|Exam Name||CA Final|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Eligibility||Students who have passed CA Foundation Exam and students fulfills the direct entry criteria.|
|Frequency||2 Times in a year|
|CA Inter Registration Validity||The registration for CA Inter is valid for 3 Years|
|Passing Criteria||40% Marks in each subject and 50% of aggregate|
|CA Inter course duration||8 Months|
|CA Inter Complete Fees||Rs. 18,000|
CA Intermediate Eligibility
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can only apply to the CA Intermediate course. Check the following:
However, the Candidate can appear in CA Intercourse in two ways, i.e., CA Foundation Route and the Through Direct entry method. Now, let’s see in detail both:
Through CA Foundation Route:
The eligibility criteria for CA Foundation Route are as follows:
- The Candidate must appear in the CA Foundation Exam.
- The appearing Candidate must pass the CA Foundation exam, with a minimum of 50% aggregate and 40% in each subject.
Through Direct Entry Method:
Moreover, check the eligibility criteria for the Direct Entry method:
- The appearing Candidate can be a graduate/ post Graduate of Commerce field with a minimum of 55%.
- The appearing Candidate can be a graduate/ post Graduate of a non-commerce field with a minimum of 60%.
- Furthermore, students who have passed the intermediate level of ICSI and ICWAI can register for the course.
How to Register for CA Intermediate Course?
If the Candidate fulfills the above criteria, he can register for the CA Inter course. Now, follow the steps below to register for the course:
- Firstly, visit the ICAI website and tap of Service portal link.
- Now, enter your username and password.
- After that, click on “Click here access on SSP Portal”.
- Now, tap on the Student cycle.
- Now, the foundation students have to tap on “Intermediate Through Foundation”, whereas the direct entry student must click on “Intermediate through Direct Entry”.
- Afterwards, CA Inter Registration will appear; for foundation students, details will be auto-filled, and direct entry students need to fill in the details and then click on next.
- Next, upload all the necessary documents, including your signature and Photo.
- Now, click on generate OTP. However, the OTP will be received on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and Click on submit.
- Lastly, pay the registration fee and Click on submit. Your CA Intermediate form has been submitted.
Also, remember if you want to register for the CA Intermediate course in May 2023, the last date to fill out the form is 1 September 2022.
CA Intermediate Course Fees
The total course fee for CA intermediate single group is Rs 14,500, and for both groups, it is Rs. 20,700. Check the table below to know in detail:
|Details of Fees||Both Groups (₹)||Both Groups (US $)||Single Group (₹)||Single Group (US $)|
|CA Intermediate Registration Fees||₹15000||$1000||₹11000||$600|
|Student’s Activity Fees for CA Intermediate||₹2000||₹2000*|
|CA Intermediate Registration Fees as an Article Assistant||₹1000|
|CA Intermediate Exam Form||₹2700||$500||₹1500||$325|
|Total CA Intermediate Fees||₹20700||$1500||₹14500||$925|
CA Intermediate Syllabus
As talked above, CA Intermediate Syllabus consists of 8 subjects which are further into two groups, four subjects each:
|Paper 2:||Corporate and Other Laws|
|Paper 3:||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Paper 5:||Advanced Accounting|
|Paper 6:||Auditing and Assurance|
|Paper 7:||Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management|
|Paper 8:||Financial Management and Economics for Finance|
CA Intermediate Exam Form
For taking the CA Intermediate Exam, the Candidate must fill out the Exam form. However, just filling out the examination form will not allow you to sit in CA Inter Exam. Hence, the students must fill out the Exam form.
Moreover, the ICAI releases the CA Intermediate Exam form 3 months before the Examination date. The last date to fill the CA Inter Exam form in Nov 2022 is 31st August 2022 without a late fee, 7 September 2022, with a late fee of Rs. 600.
CA Intermediate Result
The ICAI announces the CA Intermediate result two months after the completion of exams. However, the ICAI declares the results on its official website. The ICAI will also announce the passing percentage along with the CA Inter result.
The above article includes all the essential details related to CA Inter Course. For more updates related to CA, such as Exam pattern, fee, course duration, steps to become CA, preparation tips, syllabus, study material, and books, visit CA Wizard.