The Indian government introduced the electronic travel authorization system in 2014 which is now available to citizens of 166 countries worldwide. This new system allows the citizens of these countries to obtain an Indian eVisa online without needing to visit a local Indian embassy or consulate. The process is quite simple, and the traveler can receive their eVisa in a relatively short span of time through email.
Danish Travelers are eligible to apply for one of the several types of Indian eVisas, each designed to fulfill certain specific needs that travelers may have. Currently, the different types of INDIAN VISA FOR DENMARK CITIZENS can apply for, include the Indian eTourist visa, the eBusiness visa and the eMedical visa etc. Each of these visa-types has its own set of requirements that Danish travelers will have to meet. Therefore, travelers must carefully choose the type of visa that they need for traveling to the country.
Do Danish Citizens Need a Visa for India?
All foreigners traveling to India are required to obtain an Indian visa unless they have a diplomatic passport or other travel documents that might exempt them from obtaining an Indian eVisa in order to visit the country.
Danish travelers can obtain an Indian eTourist visa if they plan to visit India for touristic endeavors such as yoga retreats, visiting historical sites or friends and family that live in the country.
What are the Documents Required to Obtain a Visa for India
Before applying for the Indian eTourist visa, Danish travelers must ensure they have the following:
- A valid email address,
- A valid debit/credit card
- A valid passport
Additionally, travelers will also need to consider meeting the following eligibility requirements for an Indian eTourist Visa:
- Having a passport that is valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in India.
- There must be two empty pages on the applicant’s passport where entry and exit stamps can be placed by Immigration and Border Control officials.
- The eTourist visa cannot be converted to another type of visa. It can also not be extended beyond the maximum allowed length of stay listed on the approved eTourist visa.
- The eTourist visa is valid for a maximum of 90-day stay in the country.
- Travelers must have a return or onward travel ticket when applying for the Indian eTourist visa
- Travelers can obtain an Indian eTourist visa a maximum of 2 times in any given year.
- Travelers must have enough funds to cover the expenses of their visit and stay in India
- Travelers must keep a copy of their Indian eTourist visa with them at all times during their stay in India.
- Each applicant of the Indian eTourist visa must have their own individual passport, regardless of their age.
- Parents cannot list their children in their Indian eTourist visa application.
- Applicants with a diplomatic passport or those with International travel documents are not eligible to apply for an Indian eTourist Visa.
There are 28 designated airports all over India and 5 seaports from which travelers arriving on an eTourist visa to India might enter from. If the travelers are planning to arrive in India through land or through sea, they are required to obtain a visa from a local Indian embassy or consulate beforehand.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Visa for India from Denmark?
After the applicant submits the INDIAN VISA FOR CRUISE application, it can take up to 4 business days to have the application processed and the approved eVisa to arrive in the applicant’s email. There might be additional processing required on the application as some applicants may be required to provide additional evidence regarding the information they submitted in the application. This additional information may include the first page of their passport, containing the applicant’s biographical information and a recent color photo of themselves with the following specifications:
- The photo must be taken against a white background.
- The applicant’s face must be centered
- The photograph must be clear and in focus
- The photograph must show the applicant’s head from the crown to the tip of the chin
Apply for an Indian eVisa From Denmark
Danish citizens can apply for an Indian eTourist visa by accessing the India Online eVisa website. The applicants will be able to find a link that opens the application form for them. This application form will ask the applicant to list some personal information including, the applicant’s First and Last Name, the Date and Place of his/her birth, their country of citizenship and nationality, permanent address as well as passport details.
Applicants might also be required to provide additional details such as marital status, profession, detailed regarding their stay in India, countries they’ve visited in the past 10 years, religion, educational qualifications, visible identification marks etc.
All details provided on this form should be accurate and match the information shown on the applicant’s passport. Applicants will also be required to answer some security questions in order to ensure they will not pose a security risk during their arrival, departure or during their stay in India.
The applicant will have a chance to review the information provided and conclude the application process by making an online payment via a valid debit/credit card in order to have the application processed.Apply for e-Visa now
Once the application has been fully processed, the applicant will receive their Indian eTourist visa via email. Travelers must take a printed copy of the approved eTourist visa with them when they travel to show Indian Immigration and Border Control authorities at the designated ports of entry along with their passport.
After Indian Immigration and Border Control officials verify the traveler’s information, he/she will have to provide them with their fingerprints and a recent photo of themselves. Thereupon, an entry sticker will be placed on their passport which officially allows them to enter the country.