You’ve probably heard that you need to redesign your website from time to time. But why exactly? And what does it mean for your web development Columbus?
When redesigning a website, many factors determine whether the project will succeed. Everything from how much traffic your site gets and its conversion rate can affect how much of an overhaul is necessary.
This post will break down all these factors and help you understand why your site needs a redesign.
What is a website redesign?
Website redesign is the process of completely revamping your website. It’s a chance to rethink how your site is laid out, what content you should include and why.
There are many reasons a site may need to be redesigned. Perhaps the design is outdated, or you want to change how users interact with your content. A redesign can also help you grow your business by increasing conversion rates and improving SEO rankings.
Categories of a website redesign
Web redesign has many categories. You may want to change the layout of your site, update graphics or layout, or even create an entirely new design from scratch. Here are some of the most common types of redesigns:
- Redecoration: This is when you update the look and feel of your site without changing its structure. You may want to update your logo, add a new color scheme or change the font on your website. People often use redecoration as an interim step before a complete redesign.
- Rewire: When you rewire your site, you update its structure and functionality. This can include adding new content or changing how visitors interact with your site. You may want to add a new section or use a different CMS platform from your current one.
- Remodel: This is a more drastic change to your site. You may want to redesign it completely, or you might update certain sections of the site to improve their performance and functionality.
- Rebuild: If you’re rebuilding your site, you start from scratch. This is the most drastic change of all and can be expensive, but it can also be very effective.
How much should you spend on website redesign services?
The cost can vary depending on the type of change you’re making. You may only have to pay a few hundred dollars for minor changes, such as adding or removing pages or changing your CMS platform. However, it can cost thousands if you need a complete redesign or rebuild.
If possible, try to get an estimate from at least three different companies offering website design services before hiring one of them.
How often should you redesign a business website?
This depends on your business type and how often it changes. If your site is very static, with few updates, then once every few years may be sufficient. On the other hand, if you’re a company with frequent updates or rely heavily on online sales, it might make sense to redesign your website more often.
Whom should I hire to redesign my site?
Finding a web designer who can create a site that reflects your brand and meets your goals is essential. You can hire:
- A web design agency: A web design agency has a team of designers and developers who specialize in creating websites. They can help you develop a strategy for your site and offer advice on how best to achieve your goals. You can search on Google for “web development agency near me” to find the best agency for you.
- A web design freelancer: Freelancers are typically cheaper than agencies because they work on a per-project basis. However, they may not have the resources or experience of larger firms if things go wrong or you need additional work done later on down the line.
- An in-house team: If you have a dedicated team in-house, they may be able to build your site more quickly and efficiently than a freelancer or agency. However, it’s worth noting that setting up an internal team can be expensive and time-consuming.
What determines website redesign pricing in 2022?
The cost of a website redesign will depend on several factors, including:
1. Size of the project
A large-scale redesign can be more expensive than a small one. This is because larger projects require more time and effort from your web design agency, which means they need to charge more for their services.
2. Design style
A website redesign is more expensive if you want to overhaul your design. This is because it takes a lot of time and effort to create a new look that works well with your existing branding.
A website redesign is more expensive if you want to change your site’s functions. This can include adding new features, improving existing ones, or changing a website’s backend structure.
A website redesign is more expensive if you want to integrate new systems into your site. This can include adding new plugins, upgrading existing ones, or changing how your site integrates with other platforms like social media.
Your content is more expensive to update when you’re redesigning your website. This is because you need to create new content that works with the new design and avoid creating any duplicates with old content.
6. Responsive design
Users demand responsiveness from modern websites, and a responsive design can help you reach more users. A responsive website scales to fit different screen sizes to work well on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Marketing is another area where you’ll spend more money when redesigning your website. You must create new content for the new design, including text, images, and video. Then you’ll need to promote that content on social media platforms and other websites to generate traffic from search engines like Google and Bing.
A website redesign is vital for any business. It can improve your website’s functionality and make it easier for users to find what they’re looking for. But there are many factors to consider when planning a redesign, including the cost of website design services.