Making a bed can be an arduous task, but it is well worth the time and effort as it multiplies the quality of sleep. After a highly exhausting day, a nicely set bed will give you the peaceful sleep you have been digging for days.
It is crucial to follow the right method to make your bed, so you wake up fresh the next morning. You can start by using the right mattresses. Tempur-Pedic Queen Mattresses best fit the criteria of modern health-friendly mattresses.
Here is a brief, 5-step guide to help you make your bed in minutes:
- Clear the bed of any dust.
- Put the fitted elastic sheet on. Make sure that the elastic smoothly fits on the corners.
- Drape the top sheet over the mattress and tuck it under the mattress along the sides.
- Don’t forget to make hospital corners for a luxurious finish. For this purpose, grab the draping sheet from the floor of the mattress, lift it and tuck the lower triangular drape into the mattress. Now fold the top drape over and repeat on the opposite corner to complete the process.
- Lastly, place the pillows and blanket and follow by adding a comforter if needed.
- You should avoid making your bed in the daytime because it will end up crumbling up until nighttime. Bed setting should be done at night right before you go to sleep.
- Do not leave your windows open at night because it will allow dust and pollution into your room. The dust and pollution will ruin your bed-making.
- Don’t keep any screens near your bed or sleeping area. It might distract your mind and can cause sleeping disorders by making your mind believe that it’s time when actually it’s just the blue light of the mobile or screen.
- Avoid eating food before your sleep time. Make sure you have your last meal of the day at least 2 hours before you go to sleep.
- Keep some natural relaxants near the area where you sleep, like plants, scented candles, etc. They help induce sleep faster and provide relaxation.
- Keep the lighting dim in your room because dim lights help in sleeping, according to some studies. You can buy low-temperature lamps for this purpose or turn off all the lights in your room if you don’t have Nyctophobia, i.e., fear of darkness.
- Eat the right food and drinks, especially during your dinner. Make sure you are not taking any foods that hinder sleep. Drinks like coffee and tea should be avoided as they contain caffeine and cause alertness and difficulty in sleep.
- If you have medically diagnosed insomnia, don’t just rely on these tips. Book an appointment with your physician and discuss your sleeping disorders with him. Don’t forget to take your prescribed medicines before going to sleep.
- The quality of the mattress you use also plays a great role in inducing better sleep on a perfectly made bed. Old mattresses with their spring out do more harm than good.
Read: What Exactly is Webtoon XYZ?