Just like South Africa, India is situated in the South of Asian continent. It is known for its rich local culture with unique features born out ofs India its character. It is easily one of Asia’s top tourism destination with travelers coming from all over the world, to experience the country, the culture, the cuisine and the local customs for themselves.
The Indian government introduced the electronic travel authorization system as a way to encourage travelers from all over the world to visit the country. Tourism is a fast-growing industry in INDIAN VISA FOR SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS. Therefore, the Indian government has been looking at ways to promote it. Currently, citizens of 166 countries are able to apply for and obtain an Indian eVisa. Applying for an Indian eVisa is a very simple process which takes places online and saves the travelers the hassle of having to visit a local embassy or consulate in order to apply for one.
What Visa Do I Need to Visit India from South Africa?
In order to visit India, South African traveler have the option of applying for an Indian eVisa. The type of eVisa they need will depend on the purpose of their visit. If the travelers intend to visit the country in order to pursue touristic endeavors, then an Indian eTourist visa is what they will need to apply for. If engaging in business is the reason for their visit than an Indian eBusiness visa is what they need. If the traveler Is visiting the country for medical treatment, then he/she will need to apply for an eMedical visa. Traveler are encouraged to look through the different types of eVisas available to South African citizens to make sure they apply for the correct one for them.
What Documents Do South Africans Need to Get an Indian eVisa?
All applicants of an Indian eVisa will need to have a valid email address, a valid passport and valid debit/credit card.
Additionally, applicants will need to meet the following eligibility requirements to apply for the Indian eVisa:
- All travelers must have a passport that will be valid for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in India
- There must be at least 2 blank pages left on the applicant’s passport for entry/exit stamps to be placed
- The traveler must have a return ticket or a ticket of onward travel while applying for the eVisa
- The traveler will need to carry a copy of their eTourist visa at all times while they are in India
- The Indian eTourist visa has a maximum length of stay pf 90 days
- The Indian eTourist visa is non-convertible and non-extendable
- The traveler can apply for the Indian eTourist visa a maximum of 2 times during a given year
- Each traveler must have his/her own passport while applying for the eTourist visa
- Parents cannot list their children on their eVisa application
- Diplomatic passport holders and those with International Travel documents are not eligible to apply for an Indian eVisa
The Indian eVisa is valid for entry from one of 28 designated airports and 5 seaports. However, travelers can depart the country from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts. If the traveler plans to arrive by land or by sea, he/she must apply for a visa from a local Indian embassy or consulate prior to arriving in the country.
How Long Does It Take for The Indian eVisa Application To Be Approved?
The processing on a completed INDIAN BUSINESS VISA FOR UK CITIZENS, can take up to 4 business days. Therefore, travelers are encouraged to apply for the Indian eVisa ahead of time to ensure they will be able to accommodate unexpected delays in processing should any occur.
Typically, if there is additional evidence required from the traveler with regards to the application that he/she submitted, can cause a delay in the processing of the application. The additional evidence asked for is usually a scanned copy of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport and a recent color photo of the applicant that follows the following specifications:
- The applicant’s face is clearly visible
- The applicant’s face is centered
- The photo is in focus and not blurred out
- The applicant’s face is showing from the crown to the tip of the chin
How Can South African Citizens Apply for An Indian eVisa?
The eTourist visa application is available at the Indian Online eVisa website. While filling out the application, travelers will need to provide some personal, passport, professional, educational and other details. Travelers will also be asked to complete a section which asks them some security questions. Travelers are expected to answer them as honestly and truthfully as possible.
Travelers will also have to pay a processing fee using a valid debit/credit card online. There will also be an opportunity for travelers to review the information they have entered to make sure that it is correct and that it matches the information shown on the traveler’s passport.
Once the traveler submits his/her application, he/she will receive his/her eVisa within 4 business days. Travelers are required to take a printed copy of their approved eTourist visa with them when they travel to show the Indian Immigration and Border Officials along with their passport. The information will be verified by Indian officials and the traveler will then have to present his/her fingerprints and a recent photo of themselves. Once all that is done, travelers will then have an entry stamp placed on their passport which officially approves their entry into the country.