Are you looking for property for sale in Mumbai’s most affluent and buzzing neighbourhoods? If yes, then Lower Parel should definitely be on the top of your list. Why Lower Parel? All Mumbaikars know that it is one of the leading commercial and business hubs in the city with great connectivity to almost all parts of the city. There are numerous options if you wish to buy property for sale in the area, with leading developers coming up with luxury towers and communities here. However, Lower Parel is one of the costliest areas in the city due to its highly strategic location and infrastructure. Here’s finding out what makes this area tick.
Lifestyles in Lower Parel- A Closer Look
Lower Parel is one of the most coveted residential destinations in Mumbai due to several factors. Here are some aspects that you should keep in mind:
- Lower Parel is home to numerous markets, high-street retail outlets and other commercial establishments.
- It offers easy access to the Eastern Express Highway while being home to numerous luxury and ultra-luxury residential projects as well.
- Lower Parel has its own railway and monorail stations that ensure excellent connectivity for those living and working here.
- It is only 9.5 kilometres away from downtown South Mumbai, while being centrally positioned between Chinchpokli, Naigaon, Sewri and Worli.
- Multiple leading thoroughfares pass through the neighbourhood like the NM Joshi Marg and Tulsi Pipe Road.
- The Mumbai International Airport is only 17 kilometres away from the area.
- The Lower Parel station on Line 3 of the Mumbai Metro network between Colaba, Bandra and SEEPZ will boost connectivity immensely in the future years.
- Lower Parel is famous for its innumerable restaurants, pubs, cafes, entertainment hubs and shopping centres. The Phoenix Mall is a key landmark here along with the Kamla Mills Compound which houses several restaurants.
- Reputed educational institutions here include the Dr. Shirodkar High School, Holy Cross High School, JBCN International School, ISME School of Management and Entrepreneurship and the Mumbai Veterinary College.
- Leading healthcare centres here include the King Edward Memorial Hospital, Global Hospital and the Maru Hospital among others.
- Lower Parel is home to several leading companies while being only 5-10 kilometres away from business hubs like Worli, Dadar, Mahalaxmi and others. The Kamla Mills Compound, Mafatlal Industrial Estate, Marathon Futurex and Indiabulls Finance centre are home to several leading entities including Deloitte, HDFC Bank, Zee Media, SBI Capital, Yes Bank and many others.
Living in a trendy neighbourhood like Lower Parel has its fair share of perks. Residents can not only access their workplaces nearby and in surrounding areas of the city, but also enjoy proximity to some of the city’s best dining, nightlife, retail and entertainment hubs.
Public transportation facilities are readily available here while connectivity to prime zones like Mahalaxmi and Worli is another plus point. Prabhadevi is also readily accessible from Lower Parel along with the race course at Mahalaxmi. The famous Shivaji Park in Dadar is also well connected to the locality. Hence, residents do not have to worry about their recreational and daily needs. Civic and physical infrastructure is also well-developed in Lower Parel, since it is a leading corporate and commercial hub. All in all, it is one of the best places to invest in a property for sale in Mumbai. There are more housing options today, courtesy of the luxury projects being developed by leading real estate brands in Mumbai throughout the neighbourhood. If staying in a central location in the city, complete with all the amenities is what you aspire for, Lower Parel is your best bet.