Indian Tourist Visa Eligibility
- UK citizens can apply for an India Visa Online
- UK citizens are eligible for 5 Year e-Tourist Visa
- UK citizens enjoy fast entry using the India e-Visa program
Best platform to apply for Indian tourist visa for UK citizens. To learn more about India tourist visa cost and other requirements, visit the website now.. The India Tourist eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India and is electronically linked to your passport.
Indian Immigration Authority overhauled their 5 YEAR INDIAN VISA FOR UK CITIZENS policy in September 2019. In order to realise the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of doubling the number of tourists coming to India from the UK, tourism minister Prahlad Singh Patel announced a spate of changes to Indian Online Visa.
With effect from September 2019, a long-term 5 year Indian Tourist Visa (India e-Visa) is now available to tourists on British passports who yearn to visit India multiple times in a span of 5 years.
India Tourist Visa is available in following categories:
India Tourist Visa 30 days: Double entry visa valid for 30 days from date of entry in India.
India Tourist Visa for 1 Year (or 365 days): Multiple entry visa valid for 365 days from date of grant of e-Visa.
India Tourist Visa for 5 Years (or 60 months): Multiple entry visa valid for valid for 5 years from date of grant of e-Visa.
All visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible. If you have applied and paid for a 1 year Tourist Visa, then you cannot convert or upgrade that to a 5 year Visa.
5 Year e-Tourist Visa Stay Notice for UK Citizens
For passport holders of UK the continuous stay during each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
5 YEAR INDIAN VISA FOR US CITIZENS is usually issued within 96 hours. However it is advisable to apply 7 days in advance of your flight.
Apply for Indian Tourist Visa
Which activies are permitted on 5 Year Tourist Visa?
India Tourist visa is granted to those who intend to travel to India for 1 or more of following reasons:
- Trip is for recreation or sightseeing
- Trip is for visiting friends, family or relatives
- Trip is to attend short term yoga programme
Read more about Tourist e-Visa for India
What are essential requirements to obtain 5 year e-Tourist Visa?
The essential requirements for 5 year India e-Tourist Visa are:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of first arrival in India.
- An Email ID.
- A valid method for payment like a debit card / credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex etc), UnionPay or a Paypal Account.
What are top places of interest for UK Citizens in India?
- Experience Golden Triangle– alluring cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Be ready to experience glamour, tradition, architecture.
- Goa – If you like your music turned up loud visit Goa which is notorious for electronic dance festivals. Hilltop Festival and Ozora’s of Goa is held every year in month of February.
- Seek solace in spiritual sites – Yogis performing rituals along holy Ghats of Ganges, number Yoga and meditation centres in Rishikesh. In the South, Madurai and Tiruchirappalli are 2 soulful must visits.
- Answer the call of mountains – India has a collection of hill stations in Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Nainital, Mussoorie, Ranikhet and Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala, Dalhousie and Shimla (summer capital during British Raj).
- Relax in the Beaches and Waterways – Relax on the black sand beaches of Kerala’s pristine beaches like Varkala and Kovalam
- Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala.
- Experience historic architecture – In north you can see the influence of the British, Rajput and Mughal while South has been influences more by Portuguese. Khajuraho is another famous place to visit that displays a series of artwork through their temples. Ellora and Ajanta Caves are not be missed in Aurangabad.
- Explore wildlife and majestic Tiger – In addition to Tiger reserve in Ranthambore and Corbett National Park, do not miss largest collection of Asian Lions in Gir Forest National Park in Gujarat and rhinoceros Kaziranga National Park in Assam.